What would be the impact for you, if you had more influence and were more effective in shaping situations and impacting others in a purposeful, positive way? In The Psychology of Influence and Collaboration you will discover proven insights from social-psychological research and how to draw on a wide range of techniques for greater influencing success. These are skills you can proactively develop, enabling you to build strong relationships and move faster on your professional journey. We also look at how to build long-term healthy relationships through creating an environment of genuine collaboration.
Influence and collaboration are the foundations of leadership and are essential for business success. Apply these principles to proactively face your most complex situations, important relationships and greatest opportunities with maximum confidence.
The Psychology of Influence and Collaboration is for existing leaders looking to increase their effectiveness and drive greater collaboration, and professionals wanting to develop their influencing skills and move towards leadership in the future.
Rebecca Newton, Ph.D. is a Business Psychologist, specialising in leadership, communication, collaboration and influence. She lectures in Management at the London School of Economics and was a Visiting Fellow at Harvard University. Dr Newton is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review.
You will learn how to:
- Apply the principles of executives who successfully influence their peers
- Build your influencing ‘toolkit’ to draw upon a wider range of techniques for maximum effectiveness in a variety of contexts
- Use versatility to increase the extent to which others regard you as a highly successful leader
- Generate commitment rather than compliance
- Create an elevator message to influence successfully in unexpected encounters
- Engage others to gain greater buy-in to your ideas and proposals
- Apply the principles of likeability and credibility for greater influencing success
- Drive collaborative leadership and move from compromising to creating real ‘win-win’
- Build greater trust with colleagues, clients and customer
- Draw on the power of being a target as well as an agent of influence.
- Your online course
- Online group coaching seminar
- Comprehensive course notes